
My recent silence is best interpreted as fear. After notching a personal record of 1:24:30 for the CHAD half marathon, I suddenly find myself faced with my most ambitious spate of endurance running ever: two marathons, one half marathon, and a 50 miler in the next seven weeks. I know I can finish and had a good training season, so I guess we'll just see what happens.
Most systems feel good heading into the Clarence DeMar Marathon this Sunday - muscles feel strong, I've got a lot of energy, and I should be decent cardiovascularly. I have a sore throat that I ran through at CHAD and some twinges, so I'm going to be careful to stick to my planned pace for the first 20 miles (6:50s). In a race this long, there's a very large cushion for things to evolve for the better as well as the worse.
I'll have the full news for you Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment